View Single Post
Old 10-24-2015, 11:24 PM   #20
hugger6933

Re: Anyone remember the old street rod frame clip

I understand not everyone has a need for this idea nor would the average Joe want to do this to their truck when you can buy a whole front from a 73 to 87 for nearly scrap iron prices. On top of that that swap has been perfected long ago and we know it works.I was just thinking the last 68 that I got in would be a good candidate for this cause it has power nothing and drums that have sat for 10 or more years I have like 8 or so 4.8 4l60E combo's laying around that aren't eating nothing I have one that is a cable and nobody wants those. So I'd take the rear out of that truck cut off the mounts off the rear and use one of those "kits" to put any other rear under the coil sprung truck and then not only does it match up but I have taken care of the rear brakes too and allowing me to use the Suburban wheels I got hid out without a spacer to let them fit.
If I try this and it fails I still have my 68 truck and all of the parts I could put them aside to use/sell and if I mess up the frame well i had planned a short frame swap anyway
If I got defensive earlier I'm sorry I wasn't feeling well and afterwards realized I had a fever of 101.9so I do apologize but a hater is gonna hate and a tater is gonna tate. if anybody has read any of my posts they know the last thing I want to do is damage feelings or opinions and ideals. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote