Thread: 75 Dually build
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2015, 06:09 PM   #269
75Dually

Re: 75 Dually build

OK we did a ton of work on the smoker this past weekend! We did the first burn and it was so hot (which is exactly what we wanted, to cook out all the old tank junk) it flaked all the old paint off. I just took a wire brush and cleaned all the remaining paint off after that.

After it cooled down I finished putting all the small items on the tank. Things like chains for the pins so we would not lose them in transit, the front swing out tables latch pins, and pins and tabs for the cutting boards. Just a ton of small work, but it all takes time... Then I shot two coats of Rustoleum high temp fire pit paint (you can get it now at Home Depot in quarts) on it. Allowed it to dry over night.

I put the smoker on the frame of one of my donor trucks for the time being. I have all the parts to make a new trailer for it, but just ran out of time before the wedding. The last thing we have to do is bring it up to temp one more time and coat the inside with peanut oil which will season it just like a cast iron frying pan.

I hope you enjoyed this smoker build. Thanks for being patient on my dually build. Now I will return to getting my truck finished!
Attached Images

75Dually is offline   Reply With Quote