View Single Post
Old 10-27-2015, 12:29 AM   #5
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: 64-66 Sub 4 X 4 drivetrain updating question

This question gets asked alooooooot! I always answer with a resounding NO, it is not easier on a '73-'87 chassis. Is it possible, yes, I have done it. I will not do it again. In building a 4x4 it is not as bad since you will end up with a 3" body lift on a '73-'87 chassis, but it is a lot of work fabricating all new body mounts. Plus then there is the legal issue of having a frame with a different VIN than the body.

Just keep your original frame and add the front and rear suspension and diffs, just as Jon did in the thread I linked to above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam512bb View Post
Good day CaptainFab,

I was curious... would it be easier (or possible) to take the Burb body and mount it on a later truck chassis? I see the 67-72 trucks share the same wheelbase of 115". Or perhaps an even later chassis (73-87) with perhaps some shortening of the chassis?

Like the original poster, I would like to take a 63-66 Burb and make it into a nice 4x4 daily... and so I, too, am exploring my options.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Sam
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote