Thread: Zane's Ride
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2015, 04:00 PM   #259
Zane'sMom

Re: Zane's Ride

I heard back from Make-A-Wish. It is a lengthy and costly process to get a gaming license in Alaska, so they cannot provide this service to my project. I do have other contacts I can reach out to, plus there is still time to get that arranged. My husband and I visited the school last Friday (still have to download photos) and got an update. There will be some reworking of the body repair; the biggest progress will be on the chassis; the goal is to have a rolling chassis by the end of this year, with brakes, rebuilt transmission, and rebuilt engine, the air ride suspension (thanks, ddubbs) and new tires and wheels in place. The instructor wants to have that rolling chassis at a car show to talk up the students in his program; they are award winning in the state, by the way. So my next steps are to get ideas for the tires/wheels that will look best on the truck, so that we can get those by the end of the year. We also talked paint; he suggested that he and I put together a proposal to a paint company (at national level) sometime next year, and that way we can get a really good price. Next year I will try to get a new windshield. I hope to get pics posted this weekend!