View Single Post
Old 10-27-2015, 08:00 PM   #6
sam512bb

Re: 64-66 Sub 4 X 4 drivetrain updating question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
This question gets asked alooooooot! I always answer with a resounding NO, it is not easier on a '73-'87 chassis. Is it possible, yes, I have done it. I will not do it again. In building a 4x4 it is not as bad since you will end up with a 3" body lift on a '73-'87 chassis, but it is a lot of work fabricating all new body mounts. Plus then there is the legal issue of having a frame with a different VIN than the body.

Just keep your original frame and add the front and rear suspension and diffs, just as Jon did in the thread I linked to above.
Good day CaptainFab,

Thank you very much for your response! My apologies for asking a repeatedly asked question, but when I searched I could not seem to find a definitive answer. I also did go through Jon's thread... but I did not find an answer to my question...there is a lot going on in Jon's thread and so it was tough for me to wade through it in terms of how it would apply to my project. Again, my apologies for being a bit dense... but the 4x4 components and their application is all somewhat new to me. I am technically strong and have worked on cars/trucks for years... but this my first rodeo with regards to adding/upgrading 4x4 components on a truck... let alone an older truck at that.

Thanks again for your comments and everyone else's project builds!

Cheers,

Sam
sam512bb is offline   Reply With Quote