View Single Post
Old 10-29-2015, 04:08 PM   #35
MigGunslinger

Re: 1970 Chevy C10 LWB to SWB and frame off

Hey All,

I would like to say that I have been super busy these past couple of weeks and that's why there has been no progress. That would be a lie though, I was just being lazy, I did nothing productive and it was everything I thought it could be.

I did manage to put in a little time this week and get my Radiator mounted and the Driver door hung.

I bought this aluminum radiator from Brothers on "sale" about four years ago and when I recently tried to install it it would not fit in my stock radiator mounts. This is probably common knowledge to everyone here but there was a three row radiator stock in these trucks and an optional four row heavy duty unit. It turns out that the different radiators use different mounts and rubber bushings.

I first tried to order the rubber pieces figuring that that was the difference. I got some goodmark rubber pieces but they obviously did not fit in my stock mounts. I then ordered a complete kit with rubber and mounts from Classic Industries. The Classic mounts looked great but the radiator ended up about 2 inches too high. I noticed that the goodmark rubber pieces were shorter so I used them instead and found that the mount was contacting the aluminum on the top of the radiator and I would need to clearance the mounts. I then got pissed and left it for two weeks.

Grinding the mounts ended up being pretty simple and the radiator fits great now.

[/url]

[/url]

I also got the drivers door mounted for the final test fit after the rocker repair. Happy with the way the gaps are coming out, this was never going to be a show truck.

[/url]

[/url]

That's it for now.

Hopefully I can finish my passenger fender repair and patch the antenna hole in the middle of the roof without getting so mad I leave it for weeks.