Thread: 68 Camaro Build
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2015, 10:11 PM   #1
jmking9

68 Camaro Build

After spending over a year looking for a 66/67 Chevelle or first gen Camaro, I finally found a car that was a decent foundation. A friend of mine was at work one day talking about going with me on a 5hr round trip to look at a "very solid" Camaro that was rotted beyond belief. A guy he works with over heard him, and told him he had a Camaro project he would sell if I was interested. The best part was that he lived 10 min from me. After looking it and the parts that came with it over, I knew I had found one that was a solid foundation (for a gen 1 camaro) When he told me what he wanted for all of it, I REALLY knew it was the one!
Its just a plain jane 68 coupe that was originally Lemans Blue with blue bucket interior. Had a 327 with a powerglide. Both are long gone. The car is really solid for a Camaro. Floors have been replaced by the previous, previous owner who owned a body shop. It needs both quarters, inner and outer wheel houses on both sides, and a passenger rocker. There are a few other small patches here and there, but nothing crazy. Looks pretty ugly on the trailer with all the missing pieces and different colors. And the passenger quarter is partially cut off also, adding to the beauty
This is probably going to be a fairly slow build at the beginning. Im planning on some mods that will make this a fun car to drive. I don't know all the details just yet, but here is the basic run down:
*Mostly stock appearance, probably cloned SS
*some kind of 4 link rear with coil overs
*DSE mini tubs
*Coil over front
*unsure of engine, LS or ???
*TKO 5 speed or T56 not sure yet

Going to take a ton of time and money to build this one. Hence the anticipated slow pace. I will be doing all of the work myself, so it will take me a while. Should be fun!