View Single Post
Old 10-31-2015, 02:54 PM   #1
Oliver.G

First Truck Electrical Issues Help!

Hello, I am 17 years old and bought a 1969 GMC long bed, two wheel drive about two months ago. Her 350 runs well. Lately as it has started raining more and more in my city the truck has been having electrical issues. The turn signals work sometimes and then stop completely until i jiggle the fuse boxand then they work again. However the hazards work always. Also, the front left headlight (quad headlight truck) is the only one that works on low beam of the four and then on high beam the other three light up but then left one stays on low beam. This is ofcourse very frustrating as it forces me to drive the truck during the day only at the moment. I have read that this may be an issue with the headlight dimmer on the floor. Please advise me how to diagnose and fix this problem. I want to fix her myself.

Some other info on the truck: 4 speed manual, 8 lug hubs, 3/4 ton springs in the bed, updated radio, auxilary flood lights on rear bumper, trailer brake kit, 2 extra fuel tanks under the bed

I am new to this forum so if this is the wrong place to post please direct me elsewhere. Thank you very much to all who read this and offer their opinion.
Attached Images

Last edited by Oliver.G; 10-31-2015 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Bold title
Oliver.G is offline   Reply With Quote