View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015, 01:57 PM   #36
DblTrbl

Re: My 83' Crew Cab Dually project

So, after staring at it and cycling up and down over and over, I've come to the conclusion that there is simply no room to run this as a bag over axle. I've changed direction and I'm going to mount the bags on the upper link bars. Since this is a really robust kit, I'm not concerned about the strength of the bars/mounts. Plenty of guys are doing a bag on bar setup on just the lower(longer) bar on a triangulated system. Just for the sake of argument and to make it even tougher, I ordered up some 1/4" gussets to run the length of the upper bar.

I'll have to fab up some upper mounts that sit around 10" above the frame, so once these parts show up, I'll start building that.

In the meantime, I'll be working on a new crossmember to replace the stock one that I hacked in half yesterday to make room for the driveshaft. So here's a question...would you guys run the exhaust all the way back to the axle or dump it ahead of it? I'm torn which way to go and the crossmember needs me to make a decision before I build it.
DblTrbl is offline   Reply With Quote