View Single Post
Old 11-03-2015, 03:26 PM   #12
docstheman

Re: 70' C10 Work Truck

I rebuilt the carburetor last week. I haven't ever rebuilt one before. Its a Holley 4 barrel 5160. It runs great now. Really has a lot more power and seems to be getting better gas mileage however - it revs the engine up when you first crank it - without your foot on the gas. Its really weird. I have no idea why it would do that. Maybe something to do with the choke. I am worried about this increased rpms before the oil has had a chance to circulate through the motor. Additionally it has been involved with another situation. The truck will crank in any gear. I need to figure out how to put a safety on it so it will only crank in neutral or park. The truck died on the way home. I was at a stop sign. I just turned the key to crank it again with my foot on the brake. It was still in drive. It revved up the motor and broke the yoke on the drive shaft. What a mess. I tried to push it out of the road and the drive shaft hung up in the Ebrake cable. I had to cut the cable to get it out of the road. I replaced the yoke and u joint and its back on the road but I will have to be more careful til I figure out how to fix all that lol.

Click Here for my Blazer Build: 1971 Blazer 4x4

Click Here for my Work Truck Build: 1970 C10 LWB

Toys: 1970 C10, 1971 Blazer 4x4, 1976 Corvette Stingray L82, 2011 Cadillac CTS 6 speed, 2008 VTX 1800F
docstheman is offline   Reply With Quote