View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 05:39 PM   #1
Chad22873

Blazer Bed Floor Replacement

I am doing a complete resto on a 1970 4wd Blazer. I am just about done repairing all of the rust from the back of the cab floor forward. I hope to start in the next few weeks on the bed portion. I replaced the front lower portions of each bedside when I did all the the rocker box and b pillar work. So I really have no need for new bed sides. My problem is with the floor and part of the inner bed sides. The floor is roached pretty much everywhere except the front 6 inches and the center. Everything around the wheel wells and where it meets the inner bedside is toast. So I am wondering what the easiest way to go about this is. If I get a whole new floor, do the bedsides have to come off and jack up all the work I just done with the rockers since they tie together? I found where I can buy the inner bed side pieces that the wheel wells bolt to...from GMC Pauls. That will fix most of my inner side problems. I may have to fabricate a little metal to take care of some rust between the wheel well and the front of the inner bedside. But that doesn't look to be too bad. Unless someone knows of a place you can get a patch for that portion of the inner side. So the real question is what do I do with the floor? Do I buy cross members and floor patch pieces and put in all the time to fab it all together? Or is there an easier way? I couldn't find anywhere in this forum that discussed this issue. Lots of stuff about rockers and floor pans, etc...which has been great. But not much on the bed issue.
Chad22873 is offline   Reply With Quote