View Single Post
Old 11-11-2015, 04:33 PM   #14
Foot Stomper

Re: Spray-in bedliner before painting?

The Raptor product is a great one! It's short filled cans that you attach the schutz gun directly to make it easy to mix the activator and then apply. Applying the product is a little tricky as your pressure and distance from the bed, and the set up of the spray nozzle combined with the process of applying the product with greatly affect your outcome. I've demonstrated the Raptor and other similar products and it looks easier than it actually is. Great product but I'd watch a few demos before tackling a truck that you don't want to redo. Removing the product once cured is nearly impossible so be prepared.

Even if you go ahead and coat just up under the rails, you still need to consider where you will "end" on the tailgate and front panel as they don't have a lip to finish up to or under.

If you are deadly serious about repainting the truck, don't bother treating the bed. You're only creating more work for yourself or the folks you pay to get the paint work done.

I'd drive her hard and put her away wet. It's not going to see any more harm than it's seen over the past 45 years or so.

My 1959 GMC build thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=686989
Foot Stomper is offline   Reply With Quote