View Single Post
Old 11-16-2015, 10:54 AM   #15
special-K
Special Order

Re: Just pulled this 72 out of the weeds has "special paint"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceman1968 View Post
Right, I was just saying that it left Fremont as a Fleetside. CE20934
Edit: just looked up the list prices,
CE20934(Fleetside) = list $3012.00
CE20903(Cab&Chassis) = list $2860.00
I never priced a truck back then, but of the times I did, starting in '77 I think, I ran into the cab & chassis price being more than a pickup. I figured it was due to being a low production order. You used to be able to go buy brand new beds from truck body places for cheap. Truck owners would just leave them there since they didn't really have to pay for it in the first place. It was that was as late as '92 when I ordered my K3500. My intentions were to install a utility bed, but I ordered a pickup anyway so I would save money and have a bed to sell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12secondnova View Post
The box is actually a "knapheide". Eventually it will get a regular box again but for now we're gonna just try and get it running, we need to find the keys or get some made though. I dont have pictures of it but there is actually a pretty big run on the side of the hood that I doubt the factory could have done. So it probably is a repaint
Ok, now I can see the sloped rear wheel opening that Knapheides had. I was going by the rounded top edges that I only see on Readings any more. Not many Knapheides around, but they had the same profile on the top and same kind of hinges. I did have a pair of side boxes from them that were rounded (30 years ago)
Quote:
Originally Posted by burb71 View Post
I have a GMC / Chevrolet Truck publication from the days of our trucks it says ordering 2 or more trucks constitutes a fleet order.
I dont remember what book or what page or I would also post a pic of the page that states such

Before reading that I thought for a fleet order you needed to order a little more than just 2 trucks
Just adding my 2 cents
I know by '92 it was 10 trucks. I got GMC to paint my truck a fleet color and that's what constituted a fleet order at that tiime. I was disappointed to hear that and asked, "But what if a fleet owner has one truck get totalled, can't they replace that one truck in their company color?". That got my salesman to call GMC to see what we could do. They said they would do my order as long as I was willing to wait till they had at least 5 trucks ordered in that color. I agreed and waited. For that and I guess other reasons my truck took 6 months to deliver.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 02-16-2016 at 09:58 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote