Thread: Greg's 50 Build
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2015, 12:25 AM   #193
Root2812

Re: Greg's 50 Build

So I have been really good at slacking on my project. I still have my truck stored at my fathers house 4 hours away because he has alot of tools I need that I don't have. Because of that I don't get alot of time to work on the truck. Once the motor, transmission, and cab are on the finished frame its coming home. I have the frame mostly done, I haven't put in the fuel system yet (sorry Steve still no pump installed, its on the shelf wating for me to do at home). the machine shop that had my motor went out of buisness and the owner said he would just finish it for me on the side. That took over 6 months. Then I took time off to work on it and my grand mother died. The next month I tried again and found that the machine shop had lost a main cap bolt and it was sunday... Well, This weekend I finally got someplace. I think one or two more trips up there and I can bring it home.

A picture of the cab sitting back on the frame.

Some engine progress. I wasn't going to cut corners so I got a new cam, new pistons, and new lifters.. Plus alot more. I am going to polish that front cover later when the truck is home. I didn't have the locating dowels so the heads aren't on yet.

I'm pretty excited to see some progress.