View Single Post
Old 11-17-2015, 02:18 AM   #429
dieseldawg142

Re: '64 chevy 2wd to 4wd

hey much thanks OlBlue!
thats good news your finally getting some wet weather! lord knows you need every bit...we got 2 feet of snow on the local mountains last weekend-bummer, here comes winter....

unfortunatley model trucks are on the back burner for now. with our buck in the crapper, it's just not feasable buying parts right now, especially heading into my slow season at work.....
after mucho searching, cheapest tires i can find is $51 (!!) for 2 sets, on top of a $24 t-case....
pretty hard justifying that much for some plastic toy parts that just sit in my garage doing nothing.....sucks getting priced out of my hobby. so until our buck comes up or the hrs pick up next spring and i can get retarded with my money and pay these prices, i will be on hiatus.
i did do some frame work on the elky, but without axles & t-case, you can only go so far.
to keep myself from climbing the walls this winter, i dragged out a half built model i put away when my son was 2 (he's 11 now)
it's not a chevy, not even a vehicle, America's navy's first ship, USS United States. i have everything for it, wont cost me a dime, & will prob take me another 8 or 9 yrs to finish... the rigging-woohoo, what a nitemare
literally spent half a day carefully de-dusting it of a 1/2 inch of dust, masts are'nt glued in, just wanted to remember what it looked like. spent the last 3 days just tying the handrail lines on...
yeah, it's not a chevy truck so i will just throw a couple pics out & not clutter up the thread with non-chevys
Name:  391.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  46.7 KBName:  392.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  50.9 KBName:  394.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  46.3 KB

after sitting so long one of the deck seams came apart, will haft to somehow address that
Name:  393.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  56.3 KB
dieseldawg142 is offline   Reply With Quote