View Single Post
Old 11-18-2015, 07:52 PM   #96
Ghostwhite
Squarebody guy

Re: 1988 R30 Crew Soon to be Dropped

Well I guess I should have paid a little more attention! I just figured out that the rear end under my dually was not actually a 14Bolt axle but instead a D70. I really don't know how I managed this as I know they came in other configurations besides the 14B and I looked at it a couple times and I've read the 14b bible over on pirate4x4 a few different times.

This may put me in a bind if I can't find some DRW hubs to go on my SRW 14b(triple confirmed now!!!) but we shall see what my final widths come out to with the hubs I have already. Only other conflict would be the axle brackets for my 4 link which are for the D70 has 4 inch tubes compared to 3.25" on the 14B.

I have read that the D70 might share the same DRW hubs as the 14B so I have some investigating to do there, I'm going to tear down my D70 and measure them and hopefully all the new bearings I have will fit.

I have been getting the front end together, cleaning up my brake gear and painting the drop spindles and new rotors.