View Single Post
Old 11-23-2015, 11:21 AM   #9
americanmusc1e

Re: Project "Old Skool" V.3

Alright! I got some serious progress this weekend! We started with a bare, rusty frame, and a motor on a pallet. Saturday the frame got sanded and painted, and the motor got pressure-washed and degreased. Then we pulled the manifolds and coil packs off the motor and started working on the motor mounts and flywheel. The motor mount adapters I bought kinda sucked. The holes didn't quite line up with the holes on the 5.3. I ended up having to drill the holes in the plate a bit oversize, but everything went together feeling plenty sturdy. Also, Next time I install a motor in factory 67-72 stands. I think I'll drill the hole in the stand a bit oversize and use a big thick washer on the motor mount. I had a heck of a time getting the motor mounts to line up as always. I did have to move the motor stands back a couple of inches to get close to where my driveshaft already fits. I will have to move my transmission crossmember back an inch or two and modify my custom carrier bearing adapter.

the frame when I started

hours of sanding later

straight off the crate

pressurewashed. attaching the 6.0 flywheel

1972 K20 402 clutch

first time in the frame. Motor stands were moved back

Test fitting the headers

the collectors will need work

Pulled the wiring harness

My carrier bearing adapter

clutch fork. I'm worried at how far the clutch fingers went in when I tightened the pressure plate down

Need to move the crossmember a bit.

not sure what this is

or this

Instagram: @americanmusc1e

OLD SKOOL-- 1970 C10. 454/Th400/3.07 posi Build Thread
FARM TRUCK----1949 Chevrolet 3800 Power Wagon Hauler Build Thread

1999 4wd OBS Tahoe - daily.

DM me if you can't see photos i posted
americanmusc1e is offline   Reply With Quote