View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 12:03 AM   #22
Stepside Jim

Re: 1957 Chevy truck re-rebuild

RockinKees, so true. I actually figured I wasn't gonna do much to it this winter, then I figured " what the heck" my other projects will have to wait til this one done and over the top.

Thanks ptc, my build thread has slowly moved back about 6 pages. Actually that's a good thing, it means there are a lot of people turning to this site and participating in keeping it active.

I was kind of excited about getting home to see if a box got delivered today, sure enough it did.

When I first got involved in this truck about 5 years ago I noticed the hood really went up high and stayed there in it's design. I had no problem with it, just something I noticed.

I finally realized that back in the early to mid 50's someone said " you know, some gear head is gonna want to put a big block with a blower under the hood, let's keep it high". Then one other person raised his hand and asked "Boss,,,,, what's a big block?".

Anyway, with all my measuring, this should fit after I build the "X" brace under the hood to go up over the air filter when I close the hood. Basically, if I had to put a hole in the hood I wouldn't do this change.

The carb I have sitting on it is only for size reference.

As I mentioned, I'm new to blowers, put plan on becoming very familiar with them soon.