View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 01:43 AM   #1721
67chevy1series

Re: 1967 Chevy CST aka "the loud truck"

Well.. Sometimes my luck isn't very good at all. Been noticing a difference in the way the 383 was running and I've been trying to get the timing sorted out and get it to run nice again... Well after going through the cap, rotor, plug wires, plugs, retarding advancing the timing to get it just right, checking all vacuum lines and ports as well as the vacuum advance and adjusting the carburetor I was still left with a bit of a miss almost. So since the 5spd hasn't been acting very nice either I pulled the motor and Trans so I can check out the top end of the motor and see what's going on. Maybe timing chain is bad, or the gear on the distributor or a flat cam or maybe even a burnt valve so we'll see what's the deal. I also miss having an automatic. Shifting gears was fun but I miss having Park and all these little things that are nicer about an automatic... So I've got a 2002 4l60e that I'm putting in.... Got some plans coming. Tonight I finished removing all the clutch linkage the pedal and springs, also welded up the hole in the Trans hump on the floor so it's officially back to being an automatic cab.
67chevy1series is offline   Reply With Quote