View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 05:09 PM   #7
nxtruck

Re: 60'-66' guys with TH400s...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Shame you aren't closer Chris. I'm getting ready to sell the Hughes TH400 w/ ProTree brake, Cheeta air shifter Dedenbear RPM controller and put a stock 400 in mine.

As a FYI, it fits under the stock 4spd hump even with the motor pushed back so close to the firewall I have a he11 of a time getting short SBC rocker covers off,,, but ample room around the trans. Used to have a hard shield on it and don't remember any clearance issues at all. (lots of room under these monsters)
Marv,
I'm plannin' on building a manual shift 400 for mine, but I wouldn't think that you would have any trouble selling yours. When you say a stock 4spd hump, are you referring to the low hump floor? I've seen both, but the high hump floor pan seems to be a little more rare to these trucks. I know that my TH350 with a TCI shield actually just touches the floor pan on mine. I'm hoping that the 400 shield isn't any taller. If it is, I'll just have to massage things a little, I guess. From the sounds of it, my engine sits as far back as ours does, as my valve covers are right up against the firewall, too. You're right; there seems to be a lot of room everywhere else under these trucks.
1965 Chevy C10 LWB, 355 sbc, TH350, daily driver
nxtruck is offline   Reply With Quote