View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 11:45 PM   #18
cherokeejohn

Re: I with I had been driving my truck last night.

Did you at least get to keep the bear. the hide would make a cozy winter seat cover, lol.

About 3 yrs ago i hit a 265lbs sow on I68 in western MD at around 4AM. I was in a 95 Chevy 3500 repo/snatch truck. It ran across in front of me and truthfully , I was "haulin a**", around 85 mph. I stomped the brake pedal but there was no way. I was coming down a steep hillside slope at interstate speeds with a repo in tow. The bear caught the front bumper on the drivers side and it was a head shot, so it was "lights out for the sow". Now, I was by myself and I don't believe in wasting a good bear so I brought it home for meat and hide. I couldn't pick it all the way up to put it up on the boom deck so i did the next best thing. i put a tarp in the front seat of the repo and rolled the bear in to the front pass seat. In the morning, our lot attendant has to log in all the repo's from the night before and do a full condition report, " including belongings left inside the vehicle. I waited around that morning just to hear the scream, lol and a scream i heard. She said she opened the drivers door and sat right in to record the milage and looked over and saw her life flash before her. I "with" I had taken pictures, lol
cherokeejohn is offline   Reply With Quote