View Single Post
Old 11-25-2015, 10:29 PM   #302
indymachinist

Re: '67 Stepper "Laymond"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Run View Post
Wow... I'm kind of shocked about all the bad words for CPP. I've dealt with them directly multiple times for purchases and have had nothing but good experiences.

There are even some things that I questioned them about, because I read bad things on here and it was all made perfectly clear to me, why people were having so-called issues.

The thing seems to be, that most people don't read everything 100% before ordering their parts, especially on the spindles. Their specs are perfectly explained, if you read where they get their baseline dimensions from. People assume to much that they read, so they never get the total story, instead of going right to the source.

I'm actually hoping they have a Cyber Monday sale, so I can buy more stuff from them. I also order most of my stuff from their Ebay store because that usually saves me about 10% and almost always has free shipping too

Just glad things worked out for you anyway.
Well the fact of the matter is, in this case, CPP flat out let a bad part get out the door.

I ordered the modular spindles from Summit, they showed up, and as soon as I looked at them I knew something was wrong. I got in contact with Summit, they checked another set they had in the warehouse and confirmed mine were bad. After that they quickly sent out a new set at no cost to me, and included a UPS shipping label for me to send the bad pair back. This is the kind of service I expect from Summit.

I have read many times all over the forum people have had trouble dealing with CPP direct. Maybe they would have handled my situation well, but I didn't want to chance it. In the end, they still got a sale, and I still got the product I wanted.

Here are a couple pictures of the spindles I received.

Interestingly enough, the second set of spindles Summit sent me also included the caliper mount bolts/hardware (not mounting brackets, just hardware) and instructions. My first set did not have those, though the box was factory closed and intact. I guess they just forgot them on the first set?

Anyways, I apologize to slowcpe for posting all this in his thread.

My 1968 Chevy shortbed stepside build
indymachinist is offline   Reply With Quote