View Single Post
Old 12-03-2015, 12:51 AM   #7
goodemj

Re: Power Drum Brake Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchmanz View Post
I realize this thread is over a year old at this point but did you finish the project? I may have a future project doing the same thing.
Yes I did finish this particular project but the list is never ending.... Since the proportioning valve and lines were setup for the 1/2 ton MC I returned the one ton MC which had reversed ports since this seemed to be the easiest option to reuse my current setup and I couldn't find any info on why they they were switched or any benefits over the 1/2 ton MC. I did use the one ton brake booster for 72' model because imo it looks better than the stubby one on the 69' model trucks, but if you choose this path you will have to fabricate a longer plunger since the recess in the one ton booster is deeper than the 1/2 ton booster. The depths in both MCs was identical. I can't seem to find my pictures of the plunger or side by side comparison of the boosters but I did find one of the two MCs and a picture of the setup currently in my truck. Good luck and let me know how yours turns out or if you have any more questions.
Attached Images

goodemj is offline   Reply With Quote