View Single Post
Old 12-04-2015, 08:37 AM   #79
Chance48

Re: 48 Chevy COE custom diesel build

Thx Aftermath, I'm tryin to give'er hell...

Rob, that's good news. Reason I asked cuz when I disassembled the truck the yoke was all the way in the tranny. After some thought, I realize that is because it's a two piece and any movement was compensated for at the center drive spline. And yes, lucky you, haha. I'm gonna cut mine myself. I'm pretty sure I can handle it. Should it need balanced I can always pull it and have that done but I have a hunch it'll be fine.

Lowers, according to the engineer at TCP, my engine fan at say 2500 rpm will make about 7500 cfm's of air movement and two 16" electrics together will do about 4400 cfm. I completely get what you mean but it's that upper rpm when say your tuggin a load up a mountain, think I'm gonna need that engine fan and shroud then. Now, I may put a fan infront of condenser cuz it gets hot as a mofo and at low speeds these a/c units can definitely benefit from that. I wish, and most time I'm not gonna need that engine fan for just light cruising.....maybe I could remove it and put it on only for trips in the hills and pulling loads, thus using the one fan I'll have infront of the condenser! It's not hard to remove at all, that's an idea?! Thanks

Chance

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=686729
Chance48 is offline   Reply With Quote