View Single Post
Old 12-05-2015, 05:32 PM   #202
84chevyguyid

Re: 86 chevy crew cab 12 valve swap

Well Thanksgiving week was an emotional week for our family. My dad passed away on Nov 21st and his funeral was last saturday. I had his tractor all ready to go but had to paint the little trailer the week of. It was a nice service and was good to see him not have to suffer anymore. It was hard on him to be wheelchair bound and not be able to come out and get on a tractor or his loader. I felt bad driving anything past the house as he would just be sitting there watching out the window. During the summer I could get him on his 4 wheeler and he could putt around the yard but as time went on his arms got so weak that he couldnt turn the handle bars anymore. He bought an electric cart a few years back and he could still operate that but as it started cooling off this fall he couldnt come outside anymore or he would just freeze. We were stacking third crop hay in sept and he was out on his electric cart and him not wanting to give up said if you can get me in the loader I believe I could help you stack hay. I knew he wasnt up to the task and I also knew I couldnt get him in the loader so I tried telling him that. I turned my back on him for a few minutes and he drove over to the loader and attempted to get up the stairs. When I turned back he had started to get on and was stuck, he couldnt go up or get back on the cart. I thought, I have to take a pic of this. That was the last excursion outside for him. I am really missing him, its tough to lose your best friend in the whole world...

http://www.bidwellfuneralhome.com/20...cock-obit.html
Attached Images

84chevyguyid is offline   Reply With Quote