View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 09:51 PM   #12
Bandit130

Re: 74 C10 Blower Switch

Thanks to all who have replied to this subject. I decided to perform an experiment to see if by removing wires, one at a time, from the switch connector and testing each fan speed position as to what would happen. The switch has 2 connectors. 1 4wire (brown, blue, green, orange). and 1 1wire (orange). The switch, as a lot of you know, is a vertical switch with 4 speeds. Low, Med1, Med2, High, position from bottom to top. Removed 1 wire at a time, tested, reinstall wire and removed another wire, tested, etc.

This is the results,

Removed Brown wire-fan speed-L,L,L,L

Removed Blue wire- fan speed-L,M1,L,H

Removed Green wire-fan speed-L,L,M2,H

Removed Orange wire-fan speed-L,M1,M2,L

This apparently cannot be done by the removal of any one wire from connector or cutting (clipping) wires, to disable low fan.

Any combination removal results in a Low fan at all or any combination thereof.

I am ready to believe that it may not be able to be done or by having no fan at all at any speed. Oh well, I guess I can live with it after all cause that was enough work as it was.

As for the 1 wire connector, it appears to go to the climate control, possibly for the AC so when using AC the Low setting turns off compressor. That is my conclusion of the single wire.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Mopar by Birth
Chevy by Choice
Bandit130 is offline   Reply With Quote