View Single Post
Old 12-13-2015, 07:09 PM   #506
RodsGreen10

Re: 1976 Square "Simple Green"

Now onto the main thing what do I think. Well I got it all done followed the start up procedure initial setup is easy peasy. Key on click click injectors priming crank crank crank. Key on wait click click injectors priming still nothing. No big deal it will start. So my son and I left cause we needed food we drove and got lunch came back (10min) key on injectors click click fired right up. Hmm o well it's running. I had to adjust the idle screw idle was low for my motor. Turned it off so the TPS would relearn. Let it idle and get to operating temp to see if fans would kick on a my settings I put in handle held. Bam dead nuts on. I am loving this!!! It was idling up and down I could tell it was learning fine tuning. So let go hammer on it haha. So I take it out for a 20 min drive. Perfect is all I can think of its perfect!! It drives better drives smoother sounds smoother. Sounds totally different I am loving this. Throttle is response is instant! Even tested out the ac it idled right up!! O forgot I messed with the setting already before I left the house I set my AFR what I wanted them at. Truck been on the dyno a few times so I know what my afr needs to be for max power. Click of a few buttons and done! And it was dead on after about 10 min. Got home turned it off started it again fired right up. Know with that being said. I need to find and make a adjustment on pump shot. I have a big cam and need more fuel shot into the intake to get it fired up on first lick. I can do that but can't find that setting right now. I have a email into Ken.
Now this is no BS. I was against EFI kits because I have had 2 before a Holley and MSD. I was not a fan of either. Holley had way to many wires ecu boxes to mount. It was over kill. MSD kept burning up the ecu. Got tired of that crap. So I am sold on the FiTech EFI. For the money the features the tunability and the simplicity of install. It is the best in the market IMO. I would not think twice about telling someone to spend $$ on the FiTech EFI. If you want one get it if you are thinking about just do it. You will love it. No BS is was worth every damn bit of my money!!!
I will post more as the week goes on. And more pics when I get them. If you all have more questions on the FiTech EFI or the install just ask I have no prob helping out.
RodsGreen10 is offline   Reply With Quote