View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 01:26 AM   #60
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: What can be said about the 4-speed New Process NV833 overdrive manual transmissio

alright than, onward and upward, I really don't care if I have a name brand shifter stick or not, I'm just enjoying the research part, and sharing what I find, but remember always double check what you read on The Line, ha ha

ok now on to the Identification of our Transmission, HURST style, in other words which transmission is ours?

Well again the HURST website / Transmission chart does not list our GM transmission, they show three different New Process 4 speeds but ours does not appear to be one of them.

NEW PROCESS 421 for the Mopar A-Body

NEW PROCESS 422 for the Mopar B-Body

NEW PROCESS 423 for the Mopar B-Bory or E-Body

Well what does that tell us or confirm? Again correct me if I am way off, but it confirms that we can't get our shift linkage rods from HURST since they never made them for GM, you see GM used / made their own linkage for this beast, fun fun fun making them that much harder to find, and they did not put part numbers on the sticks I don't think

and rambling on and on, I heard of our trans refered to by the number 440 yet I have yet to see that anywhere in official GM documentation, they do refer to it as option MY6 but thats about it
Attached Images

Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote