View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 03:57 PM   #27
Scott2

Re: Scott's '51 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptc View Post
Ok just a couple 'stupid' questions from the peanut gallery over here .....

TCI has been doing this pre-engineered thing a long time and with great results, you chose a very nice package deal with the LS conversion and all the matching components they already have figured out.

1. So with the TCI chassis and suspension all setup to go right together why didnt you just send it all out for powdercoat and paint and start final assembly? whats to mock up?

2. IF you got the cash... Why not just send that cab and all those body pieces out to blast and have them cleaned before you start the panel replacements?

It looks great no matter and you (and the wife) are pressing right along!

PTC - thanks!

I guess I could have started with powder coat but I was pretty sure I would bugger up the frame while getting everything else in shape. I've also never used a chassis like this and wanted to trial fit everything to be sure it all fit and fit right. Plus I need to buy and mount a gas tank and will be drilling holes for that, I wanted to drill and tap holes for wiring at least for the rear section, and I expect I will be doing mini-tubs and wanted to sort that out as well.

Regarding the cab - I am leaving the outside as it is other than fixing rust holes. I honestly didn't think about blasting the bad areas first but it's a good idea and I probably should have. Oh well, I'm cutting a lot of the rust out anyway.