View Single Post
Old 12-19-2015, 09:26 PM   #16
WorkinWrenchs

Re: 53 GMC 5 window RestoMod Bagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by lower50's View Post
I would think it was his already. LOL
Yea it is his. Hopefully in 10 years he will have an idea of what he wants to rebuild and we can start on that.

Did some work on the truck today. Pulled the cab back off and relocated the body mounts to where they need to be. During this process I noticed that I will be needing to do a lot more rust repair than I thought. I already figured the floor and rear cab corners. Once i was underneath I noticed that I will be needing to do some type of repair where the cowls meet the floor. Also will need to body work the driver side rocker panel, if not replace it. Also got the seat cut out since i will be going with a later model seat and all the guts underneath the dash since the dash will need to be cut out since the previous owner did a hack job on the dash.

Side note on the parts that I have been waiting for, it is now coming up on week 5 and still no airbags. Ordered them from a local shop who ordered them through ThorBros and man he is slow. I got a better price going through the local guy than ordering from ThorBros directly. The local guy sent me a text today saying that he got a shipment sent to his house so once he gets home he will let me know if my parts are in there. Fingers crossed that they are so I can get the suspension done by the first of the year.

Here is a pic of the dash and what the previous owner did. Also you will notice that the radio bezel says Chevrolet when it should say General Motor since this is a GMC.