View Single Post
Old 12-20-2015, 04:53 PM   #5
Willowrun

Re: Not sure why '86 CJ7 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by leddzepp View Post
Does it have the "Last of a Great Breed" plaque on the glovebox?
OK, cool....someone that's not going to flame me about this Jeep. No, it didn't have the plaque on the glovebox. I did some research on the options to verify it is an actual Renegade though and I'm 99% sure it is.
At the same time I was grinding down the bondo, I was working on getting it to run right. I went through a couple carburetors and had it at least starting and idling. Seemed to have quite a bit of an off-idle stumble though. This led me to perform what Jeep people call a "nutter bypass" which involves removing the majority of the 80's emission junk, along with replacing the Jeep cap and rotor with a Ford unit. The pic below is mid-nutter. I had already replaced the cap and rotor and am in the middle of pulling out all of the unneeded wiring. The ECU goes in the trash too. I was amazed at the amount of wiring I removed. It filled a trash bag half full.
Name:  IMG_1085.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  62.2 KB

The dash had been hacked and bent for a radio and speaker install by a PO at some point so during this time I also pulled the dash and labeled everything. I had picked up an original dash that was straight so that would be used.

Name:  IMG_1086.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  39.6 KB

This Jeep had factory air also. That came out.
Willowrun is offline   Reply With Quote