View Single Post
Old 12-21-2015, 11:12 PM   #105
diceman50

Re: Supercharger for my Apache

Thanks guys,

The English Wheel as you can tell is a Harbor Freight special that I modified. Actually sometimes it is an E wheel and sometimes it's a louver press. Right now it is the latter. I bought a "Metal Machine" starter kit from Williams Lowbuck Tools (http://www.lowbucktools.com/MM1.html) and converted the frame to fit his master face plate. He has 6 or 8 different tools that bolt onto the faceplate including the louver press. He also has a deep throat sheet metal punch and a deep throat shrinker/stretcher attachment that I want to get.

As for the Flathead. About a year and a half ago I bought a 1950 Ford from the Volo Museum that was used in the Indiana Jones movie "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull". When I got it was overheating badly and as you know they are notorious for having cracked blocks. A friend of mine had this engine that came out of a good running car so I bought it "just in case". As it turns out the engine in the car is fine. A new radiator, water pumps, and a fan shroud and it runs great. So, to make a long story longer it is now a spare. It also came with an air cooled automatic transmission. You can probably tell I am Old School (at least right now) and I keep dreaming of a Speedway Nostalgia Bucket "T" with that engine and transmission in it.