View Single Post
Old 12-22-2015, 12:01 PM   #4
rtinniste

Re: Wtf did i get myself into 51 s10 swap

Now i started ordering all the parts to get this frame layed out. Most of everything is already installed the 4 link should be here by Thursday right in time for shut down at work.

speedway tubular uppers
new moog lowers
mcgraughys 2 inch drop spindles
new rotors bearings etc
thorbros 4 link
4x4 blazer 7.5" axle 3:73 gears and a posi (my search for the 8.5" turned up empty)

still waiting on ordering calipers cant decide if i want wilwood's or just oems for the front

Chopped of the s10 mounts went alot easier then what everyone made it out to be

Now we are up to date Friday I pulled the front clip every bolt broke off so that went fast. the front core support was a huge pain the bolts were rusted frozen, but they were loose so i couldn't drill them out, couldn't cut them with my grinder because they are sunk into the support. Tried a sawzall didn't work ended up using a vise grip underneath and drilled them out. Then Saturday i wanted to tackle the cab went pretty smooth except me being lazy i left the doors and hood and majority of the interior and used 4 eye bolts thru the mount holes and some chain. Ended up chopping the shifter off and cutting the steering column because it started raining on me and i just wanted to get it done and get everything back in the garage.
But got the cab off and set on my s10 frame by myself so i feel accomplished. didn't get much pictures just these.

front clip resting on it

Figured might as well pull the front clip apart it wasnt aligned good to begin with and got my fenders bolted up. I'll chop the front frame rails either today or tomorrow and try to start the body mounts also i have all the material i just need to either have my garage wired for 220 or go to my brother in laws.
rtinniste is offline   Reply With Quote