View Single Post
Old 12-23-2015, 04:31 PM   #1
mgore68

70 c-10 Rebuild and redo

Thought I would start a thread on redoing my new to me truck and hopefully it will keep me motivated to get it done. I bought this thing back in October and new that it really needed a lot of work but it did have good body parts and minimal rust so that was a great start. It looked like it had been started on several times and never finished so maybe I will be the one t get it back to what it needs to be.

I have always wanted a showroom Cheyenne but the funds are just not here for that at the moment but something about this truck just pulled me in. It was already lowered perfect for what I wanted, had some decent looking wheels and a fairly hot 350 in it with a 350 trans and shift kit which made it a lot of fun to drive. I decided to just co custom driver on this and see where it takes me.

I started with an all new braking system throughout which it needed horribly. Fixed several oil leaks and new tires which made it drive and stop great so now I am getting into the fun stuff.

The interior was painted with horrible over spray on everything, no door panels, dash cut out you name it, just a mess. So we have been focusing on
cleaning that up and doing some under dash painting and such. We pulled out the heater box and repainted it and I am waiting on a gasket kit to reinstall. I also ordered vinyl and built door panels from scratch. The cluster was a mess also and nothing worked so I decided to go with white gauges and only have about half of them installed so far.

The inside is still a mess but it is coming along in my mind. Maybe this will keep me fired up to get this thing ready to cruise.

A few pics of the door panels and the heater box before and after.
Attached Images

mgore68 is offline   Reply With Quote