View Single Post
Old 12-24-2015, 12:59 PM   #594
diceman50

Re: 1976 Square "Simple Green"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodsGreen10 View Post

Going back about the relay. It's because I am using a in tank pump. So the orange wire that is on the wiring harness on the FiTech will be my trigger wire that will run to the Aeromotive fuel pump relay. Now if I would have got the FiTech FCC I wouldn't need any of that. But I like making things hard lol. When I was talking with the mechanic at FiTech he asked me what I was doing for fuel. Told him in tank pump cause I thought the FCC was ugly lol. I am happy I got to speak with a guy who has installed these on different vehicles. Hell you will never know unless you ask. And trust me I have no issue calling and asking and *****ing when I have spent $1500. In my other posts about the timing control I was just repeating what a tech office guy told me. But the mechanic set me straight lol. And I am happy he did. Plus guys he has built a few C10's. Lol. Makes me feel better about giving them my money. And they are easy to talk with.
I am coming to this thread late so I apologize for asking a question about such an old post. (450) Did the mechanic say why you need a relay for an in tank pump and not for the "Fuel Command Center". I don't see the difference. You are running a fuel pump either way. The load should be the same. Also, does the relay work OK with the PWM signal from the ECU? The reason I am curious is that I am getting ready to install one on a friends 69 Camaro. Any help you can give me would be appreciated. I have another friend who put one on a Bronco and he had a problem with it burning out one of the pins in the power connector. I think it is the one that runs the fuel pump.

By the way, nice truck.