View Single Post
Old 12-26-2015, 07:27 PM   #1
jmillsUT28

1972 Blazer Brake Combination Valve pin Stuck In?

In short: Brake light is on. I am not getting any fluid to any wheels and the pin which everyone says need to be pushed in on my combination valve will not push in. Might move 1/16" in? You can pull it out about a 1/4" if that helps any.

Hey guys just bought a 1972 blazer from a guy that had it for 20 years as a project. Has a rebuilt engine but has not been driven much. The brake had no movement so knew I needed to take a look at them. The master cylinder was dry and rusty. So figured I would just go ahead and buy a new master, front calipers and rear wheel cylinders. There's major air in the system.

This is what I did so tell me what I am doing wrong. First replaced master cylinder. Then went ahead and replaced both front calipers. I then tried to bleed the brakes. I got one shot of fluid then nothing on both sides. I was bleeding them with a friend that would help with pushing the brake pedal. But also bought a one man brake bleeding kit that pressurizes the system to pull the brake fluid from the master to the caliper. Either way I got nothing after the initial flow of fluid. Maybe 1 oz worth.

Did a little research and saw I needed to start in the back. Same thing happened. Loosen the bleeder valve used my one man kit and got about 1oz of fluid then a lot of air. Then nothing. I could not even get pressure built up. Which it was built up when I got that first 1oz of fluid.

So... What the heck am I doing wrong? I'm sure it is something simple but having a hard time with it. By the way I bought a new combination valve.

Also might need to know that I did not see any leaks.

Thanks for the help!
jmillsUT28 is offline   Reply With Quote