View Single Post
Old 12-27-2015, 01:14 AM   #223
Zoomad75
K5Camper

Re: My K5 Blazer Story.

Went over to the BigAssGas Garage for a work day. Had to get the alternator situation nailed down, hook up the tv cable to the trottle body and diagnose the off idle stumble. Oh and help Larry pull the 8.1 out of the Polar bear.

So I pull up and find the K10 outside with the Blazer. Had to snap a couple of pics. Not a full family portrait but close.

Another shot.

For the alternator issue, Larry Volunteered the Alternator off of the burb for proof of concept. I did have to change the plug for the alternator to match, but after getting the right single wire hooked up, we had the system charging finally. Now I got to buy Larry an alternator before he needs it to go back in this week. This one only has 800 miles on it so it's pretty close to new so I don't have to worry about taking it off again.

I hooked up the laptop to see if my TPS reading is dropping out to cause the stumble. Watching the TPS percentage and voltage I found when the throttle got close to 95% the reading for percentage would drop to 6.6% but the voltage was still 4.5v or better. Larry had a spare TPS sensor so I swapped it out and rechecked. It behaved the same way. Our thought is the weird reading was probably more to do with the old scannerpro software than the TPS itself. Tuning looks to be the solution for this issue.

The TV cable and adjustment was pretty straight forward. I did have to adjust the pvc hose to the throttle body so it wouldn't rub on the TV cable.

The larger amount of work done was on the Burb. Larry needed help pulling the hood and running the engine hoist while he freed it up all over. We got it out and was able to get the engine torn down to swap out the hot rod camshaft.

Good day in the shop. Better than going to the mall the day after Christmas.
Zoomad75 is offline   Reply With Quote