View Single Post
Old 12-28-2015, 02:18 AM   #1
Alberta65

1965 C10 ... Project Name: Just Learnin'

Ok so I have been on the site now for a little while asking some rust repair questions and stuff. I read through 87 pages of BOMP's stretch cab and then Br3w City's project and sure was pretty inspired. Last March i bought my first 65 C10 SBW long box fleet side. The PO said it was a "solid california truck" which for us up on the other side of the 49th is kind of a rare gem to find!! I was extremely excited. I purchased the truck not only because of my love for the 60-66 body lines but i wanted a new low lying bike hauler to take me and the race stead to the track on those nice warm nights we get once or twice a year up here.

After doing a couple little repairs here and there I decided I was unhappy with the seat and wanted to at least get it recovered. Well when I pulled the seat, i realized I had to pull the carpet as well because they just wouldn't match, then all hell broke lose as I found just how "solid" my truck really was. It went from just a seat reupholster to what will probably be a full restoration. So I figured I would document everything. Give what little tips and tricks I have along the way and collect as much knowledge and insight as I possibly can!! This will be my first restoration so here we go!
Alberta65 is offline   Reply With Quote