View Single Post
Old 12-28-2015, 02:44 AM   #2
Alberta65

Re: 1965 C10 ... Project Name: Just Learnin'

Here is what I picked up that march day:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

So first things first, since I wanted this truck as a hauler, I figured I would tackle the bed... you know since the rest of the truck is so solid! oh ya and this truck has a small block 350 with a 4 speed smh465 behind it. everything else was basically stock except for some jeep springs i believe.

Stripped the bed out saved what I could for bed strips as I will use a few of them after.

[IMG][/IMG]

OK so my idea now is to basically prove that you can get a nice wooden bed from plywood... yes PLYWOOD! I am not rich so I was not spending a grand on a bed wood kit. Not only that but I like unique designs that look they they could have been stock. (If that makes any sense...)

So i started with 2 3/4" sheets of 8x4 maple plywood... ya ya i know thats exactly 1" too short for a long bed.. because why would it be that easy.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

got a set of dado blades for those cuts^^ never did take a cut after the second incision.

now onto a little stain

[IMG][/IMG]

yes yes I skipped a few steps there, I also took a few of the original bed strips blasted them and used some spray on bed liner to coat them.. Now there was that little issue of being 1" short... well i have seen plenty of people just leave the cut line there but I just couldn't stand to see that....

oh ya did i mention I have OCD.

[IMG][/IMG]

done. can you figure out what I did there... ok not that impressive but I am happy with how it turned out.
Alberta65 is offline   Reply With Quote