View Single Post
Old 12-28-2015, 04:44 PM   #13
Chad22873

Re: New 1969-72 Blazer or Jimmy Cargo Bed Floor Area In Stock

I can give you advice whichever way you want to go but by far the easiest is to take the bed sides off. Do you have rocker work to do? If so, I would definitely take the sides off. It is not that difficult to remove them. Sounds worse than it really is. That being said I did mine with the sides on. I did it that way only because I did all my rocker work first, which was a mistake, and I didnt want to cut my work loose. So what I did was take the rocker box end cap off and then took the bedsides loose at the rear sill. I then made a couple of stands out of angle iron that I bolted to the tailgate hinge holes. I then slid the rear of the bedsides out just enough that I could get the rear sill out. I was concerned that by sliding them out that it might tweak something in the B pillar area but it had no affect on them at all. I was then able to slide the bed floor in from the rear and get it in place. It was not the easiest thing to do but it worked and turned out well. I just cut the old bed floor out in about three pieces. Much easier than trying to remove the whole thing with the sides on. Dont know if any of this makes sense but I do have plenty of pics if you have a question about a specific area.
Chad22873 is offline   Reply With Quote