View Single Post
Old 12-29-2015, 12:20 PM   #273
SCOTI

Re: My 89 CC Dually: Double Wide

No real progress on my 90. Had a lead on a lwb 93 on C-list that was the same color (patina & all) as mine but could never make contact w/the seller. I got a hood so far but still trying to get a parts truck so I have everything needed.

The dually has been relatively trouble free since the alternator incident. I've been working on the solution for my driveline vibration @ highway speed & hopefully have the solution.

I came up w/a plan for an adjustable carrier bearing mount vs the original plan of just flipping it 180°. The problem w/just flipping it was getting the front shaft & the carrier square after flipping & I had some spacial concerns. I was trying to sort through solutions & came up w/the idea of making a center section that could pivot fore/aft to help w/the alignment. Not wanting to drag it out I did some internet searching for an 'adjustable carrier bearing mount' & found a product that looked like it would be more 'engineered' vs what I could make w/hand tools.

I ordered a unit & it arrived Christmas Eve. It gave me the basic functionality that I wanted & I just modified it to work for my application. Now the center support is flipped, it's adjustable fore/aft 2", & it can be raised 4" (when bottomed out in the bracket, it's within .500" of stock placement).

I have all the fab work done now so it's just measuring for the location of the mounting holes, drilling the holes, cutting the OE x-member center out, & bolting the adjustable part in. Going to try & get over to my buddys work today to get it on the lift for the measurements & then again tomorrow for the cut & swap.

Fingers crossed it works as planned.....
Attached Images

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote