View Single Post
Old 12-30-2015, 11:33 PM   #926
mjensen

Re: 69 GMC "Ol' Blue"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7dee2 View Post
Ruh-roh, I'd say relocate it by moving it back or up out of the way (cab clearance?). You could possibly remove rotate 180 and bolt it up to the bottom rail. I'm assuming you are going to run a one piece rear drive line and remove the carrier bearing stand off?
Yeah, I've already removed the carrier bearing stand off, but then my water filter on the air compressor decided that it was done working in the cold and broke, so I couldn't remove the rest of the cross member. I'm taking tomorrow off, so I'm going to replace that and get back to disassembly on the cross member. I'm also keeping my eye out for a fixed yoke, but I'm not going to hold my breath on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Awesome work on the Transfer case! Looks better than new.
Thanks Mike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Great work! The tcase looks great. Funny, I never have had a clean 205 to take out of a truck on a build! They always seem to be caked in grease, mud, and gunk.
Haha! This one was pretty greasy. Funny thing is that the guy that brought it home for me loaded it in the back seat of his Fusion because his trunk was too full. I bet that was a aromatic ride home

Quote:
Originally Posted by mud.man.rj View Post
T case looks to good to get it dirty again..nice work, if the rest of the truck turns out like the t case, wow.
Thanks mud man! Well, does parking lot dirt count? I hope it turns out...It's kind of hard to screw up a T Case haha.

'69 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 Build Thread
mjensen is offline   Reply With Quote