View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 12:01 AM   #801
swampbog

Re: 1976 Square "Simple Green"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMy65 View Post
Read that article earlier this week and it got me think of what hose they were including in their (FiTech) kits.
I do some hunting around and it seems like most hose companies that are selling a "push-lock" hose is actually using Parker brand hose. That hose is a Synthetic rubber and while it's ok for use with ethanol it's only ok for a while till the "crap" gas starts to deteriorate it.
I started pricing out the the pump and both filters from FiTech, the pump being $110 and the filters being $25 and $45 http://fitechefi.com/default.asp.pg-...riesComponents
I decided to spend a little extra and get some hoses that will last hopefully the life I own the vehicle (screw the guy who buys it from my wife once I die) and from what I've been reading, and what that link says, it's PTFE lined hoses.
Last year I had to buy a new carb because the one that was on the Jeep when I got it, for some strange reason the body was deteriorating, the guy who I took it to to see if he could salvage it never seen it before. He couldn't say 100% it was the gas but thought it probably was a bad zinc plating job and the gas combined. It was a Holley and of course since I wasn't the orginal owner I didn't have a leg to stand on warranty wise.
Anyways because of that I rather spend an extra couple of hundred for hose that will last. If FiTech was smart they would offer two different kits, one cheaper with the "push-lock" hose and a better quality hose kit for a $100-$150 more.
swampbog is offline   Reply With Quote