View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 05:13 PM   #7
ray_mcavoy

Re: motor or solenoid washer pump ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Builtlikeatank634X4 View Post
What I have going on is I replaced me 1 speed motor with a 2 speed with attached washer pump .. My 63 schematic of wiring doesn't show me anything for a 63 with a 2 speed or washer pump so I would like to know if it's possible to make it work with my existing wires.
Yes, you can re-use the single speed wiper motor wiring for the 2 speed motor with washer. However, you will have to add a couple more wires.

The single speed motor would have only had 2 wires ... a +12V feed wire and a switched ground wire. That switched ground wire can be re-used for one of the wiper's speeds. But you'll need to add another switched ground for the 2nd speed. And a 3rd switched ground for the washer pump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Builtlikeatank634X4 View Post
I've looked at the diagram that was sent and hooked it up but all its done is blow fuses. There are 4 connectors on the motor and 2 on the pump. I connected the 2 wires from the harness to the center connectors on the motor and have both speeds but if I attach wires from the end motor connectors to the pump I blow the fuse.
Here is a photo of a 2 speed wiper motor with washer.

This one is a slightly newer motor so it might look a little different than yours but the terminal layout should be the same. I have marked the terminals in the photo according to the diagrams in the 70's GM shop manuals.

Your +12V feed wire should run to the #2 "power" terminal. Then feed power to the washer solenoid by running a short jumper wire from the #4 "power" terminal over to one of the "washer" terminals.

The motor's #1 "high" terminal should be wired directly to the corresponding "high" terminal on the dash switch.
Similarly, the motor's #3 "low" terminal should be wired directly to the corresponding "low" terminal on the switch.
And the remaining "washer" terminal should be wired directly to the "washer" terminal on the dash switch.
ray_mcavoy is offline   Reply With Quote