View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 05:01 PM   #22
dubds10
Stalker Nate

Re: What are our trucks worth?

Besides obvious factors like location, options, condition etc making a price point for resale, I think the market is actually falsely inflated right now way too much to be just supply and depend. The flippers, shops, dealers have taken note to these trucks and falsely driven some prices up. The TV shows, ebay etc have helped as well due to exposure in other markets. Not all prices are unreasonable, but some are just out to lunch and somebody with more $ than time and/or brains pays whatever increasing the value for the market falsely. The thing I see is guys comparing this growth to the Camaros & Hemis etc but that's not realistic when you compare the two. You've got x amount of muscle cars, performance vehicles, some extremely rare left in original condition or rebuilt #'s matching which actually means something to those. Then we've got x amount of these trucks out there which came in such a variety of configurations they could all be rare technically lol We also see many of these trucks being heavily modified to sell to THIS generation of hot rods, but like Coley mentioned things change and these inflated prices wont stay around forever. Look at the Model A roadsters which used to be so highly desirable and now aren't selling. I can go buy a fully restored one for $10-15g daily lol Modified roadsters in the same price range & guys have at least double or triple into them.

For the guys who are buying to keep or think it's an investment at the current prices (jacked up prices) they are mistaken. Just like buying stocks last week, when they are crashing this week. Buy low sell high. The guys making profit now and doing so while it's hot, because 15 years from now they may go back to being old trucks and will need another restore and prices will drop off again. The prices some of these trucks are getting down south are the same if not more than very nice rarer Camaros, Corvettes, Challengers etc out there. That 1% of people spending big is a driving force of the rust buckets lol I can still buy daily drivers in decent condition for $500-1500 yet others pay that for rusted out hulks. I don't get why people give in to the stupid prices & not just let the sellers sit on that truck for a year or more until they come back to earth lol

Instagram - TheDonutDiner
FaceBook - @UscreamIscream
dubds10 is offline   Reply With Quote