View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 02:57 AM   #1191
mosesburb
I had a V-8

Re: The Story Of A Cummins Suburban (Lots Of Pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
Another cool trip. Thanx for the write up and pix. We have a major highway in So. Oregon that was carved in over the Cascades by loggers. The state later paved and widened it.
Its interesting to hear how some roads come about.
Change "logging" to "mines" and you have the origin of many roads/highways around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcuz View Post
Nice,

Looking at my Benckmark map book, I was surprised at the number of roads up through there. Looks like a nice adventure, thanks again for the pictures.
All kinds of stuff around. I gave up on Benchmark years ago, but now that Delorme has taken 2/3 of the roads off of their maps, I find myself referencing Benchmark maps again. I bought a new Delorme AZ map awhile back to replace the water damaged/moldy one I bought 20+ years ago. I didn't look at it much before I bought it, but after purchase, I realized it no longer has much of anything beyond a main road (and I'm back into my old, moldy one). I still prefer the 7.5' quad maps from USGS, but they are prohibitively expensive as of late (and big). The OziExplorer program we run on our netbooks is great as it uses those maps and puts a track on it as well. Best of both worlds provided the electrons function properly.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgs_notes View Post
Adventures trying to track down lost pathways have to be way up on the list of fun $%&^ to do in a truck. Keep rolling down the gravel Nick. I really miss the west. I'm planning a trip out for next summer. If my old house sells and I have a vehicle to haul the gang with that is. Probably not SW but WY, MT, ID and probably not offroad on that trip. Maybe the next one after that will see the jimmy out your way.
Sounds like a fun trip. Anytime you get near, let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985-GMC View Post
Hey what gears do you have and what do you think about a 203/205 doubler?
3.73's. As to my thoughts regarding the doubler, what aspect are you asking about??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luther Grimace View Post
Wow! You go on some great adventures.
Thanks!!