View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 12:44 PM   #46
DannyO

Re: 1990 Mega Cab, Mid bed 7.3 4x4 (Frankenstein)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_mud_truck View Post
I was wondering roughly how wide the cab is now from the back door to the back of the cab (this part in the picture) I'm looking for kind of a reference on how it looks to how wide it is I looked at another truck they had done and he said it was roughly 24" which is a little wide then I would like I shooting for about 16" range I like the look of your setup but I guess you're was around the 8 to 9 inch range I need just a little bit more room behind the rear seat I've got a little trick up my sleeve I want to try I'll start a build thead when I get all of my parts I think I'll need and the weather clears up and I don't want to copy anyone's build to close I would like it to be different one last question which frame are using it its a crewcab frame did the front and center body mounts line up or did the require some modifications and any tip on cut placement and tip to help out sorry for the long post and thanks for all the info
The rear portion has 9-1/8" long. I tried making it longer when I did the rendering but it started to look really ugly with an almost plastered/trying to hard look. I wanted more of a subtle look. The frame I'm using is the one ton ford. I'd rather make body mounts on a strong frame then have to reinforce and legthen a suburban frame.
DannyO is offline   Reply With Quote