View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 01:10 PM   #27
swamp rat

Re: Starting my engine build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrturner1 View Post
I was wondering about that. I was thinking with new heads I would have to get new rockers and pushrods, but I suppose I could re-use these ones. If the cam turns out to be smaller than I thought, I'll be replacing that as well so new rockers may be in the budget. How big does a cam have to be to need aftermarket rockers?
I read so many threads every day i forgot you were the guy with the aluminum heads sitting on the shelf. My opinion is with new heads yes i would go ahead and do new rockers, pushrods and lifters, you also have my vote on new cam and timing chain/gears while your in there.

One of the reasons to keep track of all the valve train parts is to inspect for unusual wear, if you find something its best to try and figure out if you have a blocked oil passage now rather than after all the new goodies time and labor go into it.

EDIT: Did you say its a pretty fresh bottom end in a different conversation? is your compression pretty stable across the board right now? lets hope so because if you have worn rings and put new heads on the engine your gonna end up with a smoker.

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's

Last edited by swamp rat; 01-09-2016 at 01:16 PM.
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote