View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 04:51 PM   #37
Mrturner1

Re: Starting my engine build

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp rat View Post
I read so many threads every day i forgot you were the guy with the aluminum heads sitting on the shelf. My opinion is with new heads yes i would go ahead and do new rockers, pushrods and lifters, you also have my vote on new cam and timing chain/gears while your in there.

One of the reasons to keep track of all the valve train parts is to inspect for unusual wear, if you find something its best to try and figure out if you have a blocked oil passage now rather than after all the new goodies time and labor go into it.

EDIT: Did you say its a pretty fresh bottom end in a different conversation? is your compression pretty stable across the board right now? lets hope so because if you have worn rings and put new heads on the engine your gonna end up with a smoker.
Yep that was me the bottom end was done according to PO right before he sold it to me, and I've put MAYBE 2000 miles on it. Ive never tested the compression so I couldn't tell ya, but it doesn't smoke at all ever, and doesn't burn a drop of oil. When the bottom end was done they put a cam in it, just not sure of what cam exactly, it's lumpy though. I posted a video of the truck idling I'll see if I can find it and post it here.
Mrturner1 is offline   Reply With Quote