View Single Post
Old 01-14-2016, 06:45 PM   #132
burnitg

Re: Project Screamer - '72 GMC K2500 + DD 4-53T

Happy New Year! It has been a good one for me so far. We had a great time with family and friends over the holidays. The Alabama Crimson Tide won the college football national championship. Roll Tide! The Broncos are in the playoffs. Life is good!

I've made some progress on the GMC. I mocked up the upper radiator hose. It looks a lot better with the new water neck.

Name:  Upper Radiator Hose mock-up.jpg
Views: 1688
Size:  68.1 KB

I am planning to fabricate the top pipe, including the elbow and reducer, from aluminum. I purchased the tubing and fittings for the radiator hoses and intercooler from Columbia River Mandrel Bending.

Name:  Aluminum water and intercooler tubing.jpg
Views: 1677
Size:  63.2 KB

I ordered the intercooler. Unfortunately, it looks like someone dropped it before it arrived. The UPS man came and picked it up for return.

Name:  Intercooler Damage.jpg
Views: 1689
Size:  80.4 KB

The replacement arrived and I fabricated brackets to support it and the condenser. Here's the top view:

Name:  Intercooler Installation - top view.jpg
Views: 1661
Size:  69.4 KB

Here's the driver's side view.

Name:  Intercooler Installation - driver's side view.jpg
Views: 1664
Size:  64.0 KB

This is only the first pass, I know that the top of the condenser interferes with the hood latch so the brackets will have to be modified or I will have to purchase a shorter condenser. Two steps forward, one step back...
burnitg is offline   Reply With Quote